RPT-Statoil Q2 operating profit misses, output exceeds forecasts
(Repeats to alerts)
OSLO, July 25 (Reuters) - Norwegian oil and gas group Statoil reported second quarter operating results a touch below expectations on Thursday and maintained its guidance, including for both production and exploration activity.
State-controlled Statoil said adjusted operating profit fell 17 percent to 38 billion Norwegian crowns ($6.43 billion), trailing analysts' expectation for 40.7 billion crowns.
Its total equity production averaged 1.967 million barrels of oil equivalents per day in the quarter, more than expectations for 1.92 million barrels. ($1 = 5.9105 Norwegian crowns) (Reporting by Balazs Koranyi and Victoria Klesty)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone