CORRECTED-United Express flight lands at Newark after smoke detected
(Corrects first paragraph to show flight was headed to Pittsburgh, not coming from there)
July 25 (Reuters) - United Express flight 4890 to Pittsburgh was reportedly made to land at Newark Liberty International Airport when smoke was detected on board.
United Continental was not immediately able to confirm the report.
Flight monitoring website flightaware.com said the aircraft had landed, and that all other inbound flights at Newark were being held at their origins for now.
(Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Chicago)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |