CORRECTED-United Express flight lands at Newark after smoke detected
(Corrects first paragraph to show flight was headed to Pittsburgh, not coming from there)
July 25 (Reuters) - United Express flight 4890 to Pittsburgh was reportedly made to land at Newark Liberty International Airport when smoke was detected on board.
United Continental was not immediately able to confirm the report.
Flight monitoring website flightaware.com said the aircraft had landed, and that all other inbound flights at Newark were being held at their origins for now.
(Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Chicago)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk