Canon shares slide 7 percent after it cuts profit outlook
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares in Canon Inc (7751.T) fell 7 percent to a three-week low on Thursday after the world's largest digital camera maker cut its operating profit forecast for the year by 16 percent, citing a slowdown in China and other emerging economies.
Canon shares fell as low as 3,190 yen.
Rival Nikon Corp (7731.T) also sagged more than 5 percent to 2,152 yen.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data