Canon shares slide 7 percent after it cuts profit outlook
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares in Canon Inc (7751.T) fell 7 percent to a three-week low on Thursday after the world's largest digital camera maker cut its operating profit forecast for the year by 16 percent, citing a slowdown in China and other emerging economies.
Canon shares fell as low as 3,190 yen.
Rival Nikon Corp (7731.T) also sagged more than 5 percent to 2,152 yen.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting