Chubb profit rises 43 percent
(Reuters) - Property and casualty insurer Chubb Corp (CB.N) reported a 43 percent rise in quarterly profit as it benefited from rising insurance rates, sending its shares up about 2 percent after the bell.
Net profit rose to $579 million, or $2.21 per share, for the second quarter, from $404 million, or $1.48 per share, a year earlier.
Net premiums written were flat at $3.10 billion.
(This story is corrected in headline and first paragraph to remove incorrect reference to fall in disaster losses)
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Driver in fatal New York train crash 'zoned out': union
- Biden calls for trust with China amid airspace dispute |
- EU Commission fines banks $2.3 billion for benchmark rigging
- HTC 'One Mini' faces UK ban after court ruling on patent infringement