Chubb profit rises 43 percent
(Reuters) - Property and casualty insurer Chubb Corp (CB.N) reported a 43 percent rise in quarterly profit as it benefited from rising insurance rates, sending its shares up about 2 percent after the bell.
Net profit rose to $579 million, or $2.21 per share, for the second quarter, from $404 million, or $1.48 per share, a year earlier.
Net premiums written were flat at $3.10 billion.
(This story is corrected in headline and first paragraph to remove incorrect reference to fall in disaster losses)
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ