One dead, three seriously injured after Italy fireworks plant explodes
ROME (Reuters) - At least one person was killed and three were seriously injured on Thursday after a fireworks factory exploded in central Italy, the local fire service said.
Firefighters were searching for three missing workers at the plant in Picciano, near Pescara on Italy's east coast, and were trying to extinguish a large fire, a fire service spokesman told Reuters.
Firefighters were having to work with caution because the factory still contains many unexploded fireworks and there were smaller blasts after the initial explosion, the spokesman said.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official