One dead, three seriously injured after Italy fireworks plant explodes
ROME (Reuters) - At least one person was killed and three were seriously injured on Thursday after a fireworks factory exploded in central Italy, the local fire service said.
Firefighters were searching for three missing workers at the plant in Picciano, near Pescara on Italy's east coast, and were trying to extinguish a large fire, a fire service spokesman told Reuters.
Firefighters were having to work with caution because the factory still contains many unexploded fireworks and there were smaller blasts after the initial explosion, the spokesman said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video