McGraw Hill posts 18 percent rise in quarterly profit
(Reuters) - Standard & Poor's owner McGraw Hill Financial Inc (MHFI.N) posted an 18 percent rise in quarterly profit as it earned more from its ratings agency and its Dow Jones indices.
The company, formerly known as McGraw-Hill Cos Inc, said net income increased to $254 million, or 91 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $216 million, or 76 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Tanya Agrawal and Varun Aggarwal in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident