Brazil bank lending rises 1.8 pct in June as defaults drop
BRASILIA, July 26
BRASILIA, July 26 (Reuters) - Bank lending in Brazil rose 1.8 percent in June from the prior month, the central bank said in a report on Friday.
Loans in arrears for 90 days or more, the industry's benchmark gauge for credit delinquencies, fell to 5.2 percent of outstanding loans last month from 5.5 percent in May, the report added.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor