Celestica profit rises as communications business grows
July 26 (Reuters) - Canadian contract electronics manufacturer Celestica Inc reported a 19 percent rise in second-quarter profit, driven mainly by growth at its communications business.
Net income rose to $28.0 million, or 15 cents per share, from $23.6 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned 21 cents per share.
Revenue fell 14 percent to $1.50 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport