Celestica profit rises as communications business grows
July 26 (Reuters) - Canadian contract electronics manufacturer Celestica Inc reported a 19 percent rise in second-quarter profit, driven mainly by growth at its communications business.
Net income rose to $28.0 million, or 15 cents per share, from $23.6 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned 21 cents per share.
Revenue fell 14 percent to $1.50 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |