Celestica profit rises as communications business grows
July 26 (Reuters) - Canadian contract electronics manufacturer Celestica Inc reported a 19 percent rise in second-quarter profit, driven mainly by growth at its communications business.
Net income rose to $28.0 million, or 15 cents per share, from $23.6 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned 21 cents per share.
Revenue fell 14 percent to $1.50 billion.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’