CORRECTED-Brazil's Embraer posts unexpected net loss in second quarter
(Corrects year-earlier profit in paragraph 1 to 124 mln reais, not 62 mln reais)
SAO PAULO, July 25 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, posted a second-quarter net loss of 10 million reais ($4.5 million), down from a profit of 124 million reais a year earlier, according to a Thursday securities filing.
The result missed an average estimate of an $88 million profit in a Reuters survey of seven analysts. Analysts gave their estimates in dollars, but Embraer's initial earnings report was in Brazilian reais.
($1 = 2.25 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994