Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 26 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Australian petrol and convenience store retailer United Petroleum is exploring a potential sale or a joint venture of the business that has a value of about A$1 billion ($921 million) including debt, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* Private equity firm Oaktree Capital Group LLC has tapped Goldman Sachs Group to find a buyer for packaging company Tekni-Plex, in a deal that could fetch around $800 million, two people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* Russian oil major Rosneft is seeking a stake in Azerbaijan's Absheron gas project, sources close to the talks said, in the latest move that may help it become a competitor of Russia's gas exporter Gazprom.
* The Bank of Italy has told mid-sized lender Banca Popolare di Milano to revive a now-frozen plan to turn the cooperative lender into a joint-stock company, sources close to the matter said on Thursday.
* Malaysia's state pension fund will invest half a billion euros ($660 million) in industrial property in Germany and office space in France, according to sources familiar with the deals, signalling growing appetite for high-yielding property assets as Europe's main economies show signs of recovery.
* Blue Bird Group, the biggest taxi operator in Indonesia, plans to seek at least $600 million in an initial public offering in the country, three people with knowledge of the matter said, Bloomberg reported.()
Trending On Reuters
Strategies for making the most of your donations - from how to grow the money you plan to give to how to withdraw it with minimal tax implications. Video