Dollar falls 1 percent versus yen, hits session low
NEW YORK, July 26
NEW YORK, July 26 (Reuters) - The dollar extended its declines against the yen to trade 1 percent lower in early trade on Friday on speculation the Federal Reserve will emphasize next week its intention to keep interest rates low for longer.
The dollar fell as low as 98.26 yen, according to Reuters data. It was last at 98.31, down 1 percent on the day.
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage