US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends flat, but Amazon helps Nasdaq
NEW YORK, July 26
NEW YORK, July 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks finished mostly flat on Friday, though a rally in Amazon.com shares a day after the online retailer's results helped boost the Nasdaq.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.99 points, or 0.02 percent, at 15,558.60. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.39 points, or 0.08 percent, at 1,691.64. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 7.98 points, or 0.22 percent, at 3,613.16.
For the week, the Dow rose 0.1 percent, the S&P 500 was flat and the Nasdaq rose 0.7 percent.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment