US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends flat, but Amazon helps Nasdaq
NEW YORK, July 26
NEW YORK, July 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks finished mostly flat on Friday, though a rally in Amazon.com shares a day after the online retailer's results helped boost the Nasdaq.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.99 points, or 0.02 percent, at 15,558.60. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.39 points, or 0.08 percent, at 1,691.64. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 7.98 points, or 0.22 percent, at 3,613.16.
For the week, the Dow rose 0.1 percent, the S&P 500 was flat and the Nasdaq rose 0.7 percent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel