Newell Rubbermaid's quarterly results beat analysts' estimates
July 26 (Reuters) - Consumer products maker Newell Rubbermaid Inc reported a better-than-expected quarter, helped by demand in Latin America and its efforts to boost productivity.
Net income fell 2 percent to $109.8 million, or 37 cents per share, in the quarter ended June from $111.8 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 50 cents per share.
Second-quarter sales rose 3.5 percent to $1.47 billion.
Analysts on average expected the company report earnings of 49 cents per share on revenue of $1.47 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor