Ad firms Publicis, Omnicom in merger talks - report
July 26 (Reuters) - Advertising groups Publicis Groupe SA and Omnicom Group Inc are in late-stage merger talks, Bloomberg reported, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
The deal, which the report said is likely to be structured as a merger of equals, would combine Publicis agencies such as Leo Burnett Worldwide and Saatchi & Saatchi with Omnicom's BBDO Worldwide and DDB Worldwide.
The combined entity would be the world's largest advertising company by revenue, overtaking current leader WPP.
Bloomberg, however, reported that the talks could still collapse. ()
New York-based Omnicom and Paris-based Publicis were not immediately available for comment.
Omnicom shares were up about 3 percent in trading after the bell. They closed at $65.11 on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday.
Publicis' shares closed up 1.5 percent at 59.35 euros on Friday.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |