Ad firms Publicis, Omnicom in merger talks - report
July 26 (Reuters) - Advertising groups Publicis Groupe SA and Omnicom Group Inc are in late-stage merger talks, Bloomberg reported, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
The deal, which the report said is likely to be structured as a merger of equals, would combine Publicis agencies such as Leo Burnett Worldwide and Saatchi & Saatchi with Omnicom's BBDO Worldwide and DDB Worldwide.
The combined entity would be the world's largest advertising company by revenue, overtaking current leader WPP.
Bloomberg, however, reported that the talks could still collapse. ()
New York-based Omnicom and Paris-based Publicis were not immediately available for comment.
Omnicom shares were up about 3 percent in trading after the bell. They closed at $65.11 on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday.
Publicis' shares closed up 1.5 percent at 59.35 euros on Friday.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid