Fire safety system maker Tyco posts marginal rise in operating profit
July 26 (Reuters) - Tyco International Ltd, a maker of fire safety and security systems, reported a marginal rise in operating profit, helped by higher recurring service and global products revenue.
Net segment operating income before special items rose to $375 million, or 50 cents per share, in the third quarter from $369 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
The normalized earnings per share before special items number is adjusted to reflect a split in the company's business last year.
Tyco International split into three businesses in September, spinning off its North American residential security business into ADT Corp and selling its flow control unit to Pentair Ltd.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to deploy 3,000 troops as Ebola crisis worsens
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |