China wealth fund CIC in talks with Alibaba: official media
BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp (CIC) is in unspecified talks with Alibaba Group, the official People's Daily reported on Friday, citing deputy director of public relations and international cooperation for CIC Liu Fangyu.
The paper said CIC mentioned the discussions at a briefing for Chinese media on Friday, but did not disclose the nature of them and did not give details.
CIC invested around $2 billion in Alibaba in September last year to help the group fund a partial buy-back of Yahoo! Inc's stake in the e-commerce company. Alibaba is currently preparing an initial public offering, after delisting subsidiary Alibaba.com in 2012.
Alibaba was not immediately available for comment, while CIC declined to comment.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten; Editing by Jonathan Standing and Ryan Woo)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
Protesters block several main streets in Kiev, responding to calls from opposition leaders to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow