Brazil's Usiminas posts net loss for sixth straight quarter
SAO PAULO, July 26
SAO PAULO, July 26 (Reuters) - Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais SA, Brazil's largest producer of steel products for automakers, posted a second-quarter net loss of 22 million reais ($9.8 million), the company's sixth straight quarterly shortfall, according to a securities filing on Friday.
According to six analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, Usiminas, as the company is known, was expected to lose a net 205 million reais in the quarter. A seventh analyst in the same poll estimated net income at 104 million reais.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |