Brazil's Usiminas posts net loss for sixth straight quarter
SAO PAULO, July 26
SAO PAULO, July 26 (Reuters) - Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais SA, Brazil's largest producer of steel products for automakers, posted a second-quarter net loss of 22 million reais ($9.8 million), the company's sixth straight quarterly shortfall, according to a securities filing on Friday.
According to six analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, Usiminas, as the company is known, was expected to lose a net 205 million reais in the quarter. A seventh analyst in the same poll estimated net income at 104 million reais.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media