Publicis says to make major corporate announcement
PARIS (Reuters) - French advertising group Publicis said it plans to make a "major corporate announcement" on Sunday, after a media report on Friday said it was in merger talks with larger rival Omnicom.
A media briefing will be held at 8.00 a.m. ET on Sunday at Publicis headquarters in Paris, the company said in an email on Saturday.
Bloomberg reported late on Friday that Publicis and Omnicom were in late-stage merger talks to create what would be the world's largest advertising group.
Publicis spokeswoman Peggy Nahmany was not reachable for comment.
(Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Leila Abboud)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA