Israel approves prisoner release ahead of Palestinian talks
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel on Sunday approved the release of 104 Arab prisoners in a move intended to facilitate the restart of peace talks with the Palestinians and end nearly three years of diplomatic standstill.
Thirteen ministers in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet authorized the release, seven voted against and two abstained, a government official said.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV