U.S. drugmaker Perrigo to buy Ireland's Elan for $8.6 bln
DUBLIN, July 29
DUBLIN, July 29 (Reuters) - U.S. generic drugmaker Perrigo agreed to buy Elan for $8.6 billion on Monday, ending a takeover battle over the Irish company which put itself up for sale last month.
Michigan-based Perrigo, which manufactures over-the-counter pharmaceutical products for the store brand market, will pay $6.25 per share in cash and $10.25 per share in stock, based on Friday's closing price.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |