Ensco 2nd-qtr profit climbs on rising offshore rig rates
July 29 (Reuters) - Offshore drilling contractor Ensco Plc reported on Monday a 6 percent rise in quarterly profit as the rates paid for its rigs improved on the back of stronger worldwide demand for their services.
Second-quarter net profit rose to $361 million, or $1.55 per share, from $341 million, or $1.45 per share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 17 percent to $1.25 billion.
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. veteran Merrill Newman
- Cuba drops veto at WTO meet, enabling global trade deal: sources