Ensco 2nd-qtr profit climbs on rising offshore rig rates
July 29 (Reuters) - Offshore drilling contractor Ensco Plc reported on Monday a 6 percent rise in quarterly profit as the rates paid for its rigs improved on the back of stronger worldwide demand for their services.
Second-quarter net profit rose to $361 million, or $1.55 per share, from $341 million, or $1.45 per share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 17 percent to $1.25 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data