Essilor sees no major antitrust issue with Transitions
PARIS, July 29
PARIS, July 29 (Reuters) - Essilor does not expect any major antitrust issues arising from its purchase of PPG Industries Inc's controlling stake in their Transitions Optical joint venture, its chief operating officer said on Monday.
"Lawyers for Essilor and PPG don't see any major issues, but it takes time and this is why we don't expect the closing before the first semester of 2014," Laurent Vacherot said during a conference call.
PPG said earlier on Monday it had agreed to sell its controlling stake in Transitions Optical to Essilor for $1.73 billion.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |