Cielo wins second straight 50 meters butterfly gold
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Cesar Cielo of Brazil won a second consecutive men's 50 meters butterfly title at the world championships in Barcelona on Monday.
The 26-year-old, a gold medalist in Shanghai two years ago, became only the second man to win the event twice after South African Roland Schoeman with a time of 23.01 seconds.
American Eugene Godsoe took silver in 23.05 and Fred Bousquet of France was third in 23.11.
(Reporting by Iain Rogers; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers