Party in Tunisia's ruling coalition calls to dissolve government
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisia's Ettakatol party, part of the ruling coalition led by the Islamist Ennahda party, called on Monday for the dissolution of the government to stave off a growing political crisis.
"We have called for the dissolution of the government in favor of a new unity government that would represent the broadest form of consensus," Lobni Jribi, a party leader, told Reuters.
"If Ennahda refuses this suggestion, we will withdraw from government."
(Reporting by Tarek Amara; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |