Party in Tunisia's ruling coalition calls to dissolve government
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisia's Ettakatol party, part of the ruling coalition led by the Islamist Ennahda party, called on Monday for the dissolution of the government to stave off a growing political crisis.
"We have called for the dissolution of the government in favor of a new unity government that would represent the broadest form of consensus," Lobni Jribi, a party leader, told Reuters.
"If Ennahda refuses this suggestion, we will withdraw from government."
(Reporting by Tarek Amara; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’