Party in Tunisia's ruling coalition calls to dissolve government
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisia's Ettakatol party, part of the ruling coalition led by the Islamist Ennahda party, called on Monday for the dissolution of the government to stave off a growing political crisis.
"We have called for the dissolution of the government in favor of a new unity government that would represent the broadest form of consensus," Lobni Jribi, a party leader, told Reuters.
"If Ennahda refuses this suggestion, we will withdraw from government."
(Reporting by Tarek Amara; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- Divers feel with their hands for corpses in depths of South Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit
- Satellites show North Korea nuclear test unlikely: think tank
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month |