Party in Tunisia's ruling coalition calls to dissolve government
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisia's Ettakatol party, part of the ruling coalition led by the Islamist Ennahda party, called on Monday for the dissolution of the government to stave off a growing political crisis.
"We have called for the dissolution of the government in favor of a new unity government that would represent the broadest form of consensus," Lobni Jribi, a party leader, told Reuters.
"If Ennahda refuses this suggestion, we will withdraw from government."
(Reporting by Tarek Amara; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan