Party in Tunisia's ruling coalition calls to dissolve government
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisia's Ettakatol party, part of the ruling coalition led by the Islamist Ennahda party, called on Monday for the dissolution of the government to stave off a growing political crisis.
"We have called for the dissolution of the government in favor of a new unity government that would represent the broadest form of consensus," Lobni Jribi, a party leader, told Reuters.
"If Ennahda refuses this suggestion, we will withdraw from government."
(Reporting by Tarek Amara; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse