President Obama to have lunch with Hillary Clinton at White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will have lunch on Monday with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the White House said on Sunday.
They will have lunch in the president's private dining room, said the White House. It did not give a reason for the meeting.
Their meeting comes as Obama makes a push to resurrect Middle East peace talks and as speculation mounts that Clinton might run for president in 2016. The former first lady also served as a U.S. senator from New York from 2001 to 2009.
(Compiled by the Americas Desk; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'