President Obama to have lunch with Hillary Clinton at White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will have lunch on Monday with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the White House said on Sunday.
They will have lunch in the president's private dining room, said the White House. It did not give a reason for the meeting.
Their meeting comes as Obama makes a push to resurrect Middle East peace talks and as speculation mounts that Clinton might run for president in 2016. The former first lady also served as a U.S. senator from New York from 2001 to 2009.
(Compiled by the Americas Desk; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal