Insurer Aflac's profit rises 84 pct
July 30 (Reuters) - Life insurer Aflac Inc reported a 84 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by strong revenue growth in its Japanese unit.
Net income rose to $889 million, or $1.90 per share, in the quarter ended June 30, from $483 million, or $1.03 per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose 2.4 percent to $6.04 billion.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting