Insurer Aflac's profit rises 84 pct
July 30 (Reuters) - Life insurer Aflac Inc reported a 84 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by strong revenue growth in its Japanese unit.
Net income rose to $889 million, or $1.90 per share, in the quarter ended June 30, from $483 million, or $1.03 per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose 2.4 percent to $6.04 billion.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |