Insurer Aflac's profit rises 84 pct
July 30 (Reuters) - Life insurer Aflac Inc reported a 84 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by strong revenue growth in its Japanese unit.
Net income rose to $889 million, or $1.90 per share, in the quarter ended June 30, from $483 million, or $1.03 per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose 2.4 percent to $6.04 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics