Argentina says 2nd quarter unemployment at 7.2 percent
BUENOS AIRES, July 30
BUENOS AIRES, July 30 (Reuters) - Argentina's unemployment rate fell to 7.2 percent in the second quarter of 2013 compared with 7.9 percent in the first quarter of the year, President Cristina Fernandez said in a speech on Monday.
Argentina's economy, which is the third largest in Latin America, experienced a sharp slowdown last year but economic activity picked up in April and May of this year according to official data.
Unemployment in the April to June period of 2012 was also 7.2 percent.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |