Actors Evan Rachel Wood, Jamie Bell welcome first child, a boy
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - American actress Evan Rachel Wood and British actor Jamie Bell welcomed their first child, a boy, Wood's spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
Wood, 25, best known for her role in 2008's "The Wrestler" and the 2003 coming-of-age drama "Thirteen," announced in January that she was expecting a child with Bell, who she married last October.
"Evan you are my warrior!" Bell wrote on Twitter on Monday. "You never cease to amaze. Thank you for birthing our son so naturally & peacefully. You did it!"
Bell, 27, found fame as the teen star of "Billy Elliot," a film about a ballet dancer growing up in a tough coal mining town in northern England. He won a British BAFTA award for the role and has since appeared in adventure movies such as "The Eagle."
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Mary Milliken and Doina Chiacu)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter