STOCKS NEWS INDONESIA-Unilever rises on first-half earnings
Shares in PT Unilever Indonesia rose as much as 4.4 percent after the consumer goods company announced its first-half results.
Net profit rose 21.2 percent to 2.8 trillion rupiah ($272.57 million) year-on-year, Unilever said in a statement published in a local newspaper on Tuesday.
Indonesian consumer stocks jumped 2.4 percent, the highest sector mover of the day, while the broader Jakarta Composite Index rose 1.25 percent.
1328 (0628 GMT)
($1 = 10,272.5 rupiah) (Reporting by Andjarsari Paramaditha, Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid