Lafarge Nigeria unit says H1 pretax profit up 13 pct
LAGOS, July 30
LAGOS, July 30 (Reuters) - The Nigerian unit of Lafarge Cement said on Tuesday its half-year pretax profit rose to 13.8 billion naira, up 13 percent from 12.2 billion naira a year ago.
Shares in Wapco, which has gained 70 percent since the start of the year, were trading flat at 99.50 naira at 1031 GMT.
Turnover at the local unit of the world's biggest cement maker grew to 49.5 billion naira during the six months to June 30, as against 46.3 billion naira a year earlier. (Reporting by Chijioke Ohuocha; Editing by Joe Brock)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |