Lafarge Nigeria unit says H1 pretax profit up 13 pct
LAGOS, July 30
LAGOS, July 30 (Reuters) - The Nigerian unit of Lafarge Cement said on Tuesday its half-year pretax profit rose to 13.8 billion naira, up 13 percent from 12.2 billion naira a year ago.
Shares in Wapco, which has gained 70 percent since the start of the year, were trading flat at 99.50 naira at 1031 GMT.
Turnover at the local unit of the world's biggest cement maker grew to 49.5 billion naira during the six months to June 30, as against 46.3 billion naira a year earlier. (Reporting by Chijioke Ohuocha; Editing by Joe Brock)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut