NYSE Euronext earnings rise helped by cost cuts
PARIS/NEW YORK, July 29
PARIS/NEW YORK, July 29 (Reuters) - NYSE Euronext, which is being bought for $8.2 billion by IntercontinentalExchange, reported higher second-quarter earnings, helped by cost cuts and one-off gains, the transatlantic exchange operator said on Tuesday.
The New York Stock Exchange parent said net income was $173 million, or 71 cents a diluted share, compared with $125 million, or 49 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S