Fondiaria will leave RCS Mediagroup shareholder pact
MILAN, July 30
MILAN, July 30 (Reuters) - Insurer Fondiaria-SAI will leave the shareholder pact of RCS Mediagroup but will remain an investor in the Italian publisher, the Chief Executive of insurer Unipol said on Tuesday.
"I hope that all the important (RCS) shareholders, without exception, can help stabilise the shareholder structure and implement a solid and credible business plan," Carlo Cimbri said.
Fondiaria has a 5.65 percent stake in RCS.
Unipol is slated to merge with Fondiaria, which it already controls, in the coming months.
Carmaker Fiat recently won a battle for control of RCS, publisher of influential newspaper Corriere della Sera.
The shareholder pact of RCS is being rejigged.
(Reporting by Andrea Mandala, writing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |