Rhoen says regulator blocks Asklepios purchase of Rhoen shares
FRANKFURT, July 30
FRANKFURT, July 30 (Reuters) - Rhoen-Klinikum said German antitrust regulators had banned rival Asklepios from taking a blocking stake of over 10 percent in Rhoen because Asklepios would not meet the conditions imposed by the watchdog.
"The Federal Cartel Office has declared that the intended increase of Asklepios' shareholding to 10.1 percent is now prohibited," Rhoen said in a statement.
The cartel office in March approved the planned share purchases on condition that Asklepios sell a hospital and a medical centre in the Goslar region. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight