Rhoen says regulator blocks Asklepios purchase of Rhoen shares
FRANKFURT, July 30
FRANKFURT, July 30 (Reuters) - Rhoen-Klinikum said German antitrust regulators had banned rival Asklepios from taking a blocking stake of over 10 percent in Rhoen because Asklepios would not meet the conditions imposed by the watchdog.
"The Federal Cartel Office has declared that the intended increase of Asklepios' shareholding to 10.1 percent is now prohibited," Rhoen said in a statement.
The cartel office in March approved the planned share purchases on condition that Asklepios sell a hospital and a medical centre in the Goslar region. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media