Rhoen says regulator blocks Asklepios purchase of Rhoen shares
FRANKFURT, July 30
FRANKFURT, July 30 (Reuters) - Rhoen-Klinikum said German antitrust regulators had banned rival Asklepios from taking a blocking stake of over 10 percent in Rhoen because Asklepios would not meet the conditions imposed by the watchdog.
"The Federal Cartel Office has declared that the intended increase of Asklepios' shareholding to 10.1 percent is now prohibited," Rhoen said in a statement.
The cartel office in March approved the planned share purchases on condition that Asklepios sell a hospital and a medical centre in the Goslar region. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week