Schneider nears $5 billion Invensys deal-sources
LONDON/NEW YORK, July 30
LONDON/NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters) - France's Schneider Electric is nearing a 3.3 billion pounds ($5.07 billion) deal to acquire British engineer Invensys and could announce the agreement at its results on Wednesday, three people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
The structure of the share and cash deal is expected to remain roughly the same as the one initially presented earlier this month as no other bidder has emerged to challenge Schneider's bid, the sources said.
Schneider and Invensys declined to comment.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media