Schneider nears $5 billion Invensys deal-sources
LONDON/NEW YORK, July 30
LONDON/NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters) - France's Schneider Electric is nearing a 3.3 billion pounds ($5.07 billion) deal to acquire British engineer Invensys and could announce the agreement at its results on Wednesday, three people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
The structure of the share and cash deal is expected to remain roughly the same as the one initially presented earlier this month as no other bidder has emerged to challenge Schneider's bid, the sources said.
Schneider and Invensys declined to comment.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt