Symantec reports higher quarterly revenue
July 30 (Reuters) - Symantec Corp, the maker of Norton anti-virus software, reported higher quarterly revenue as more customers used its products for network security and data storage.
Net income fell to $157 million in the first quarter from $160 million a year earlier.
On a per-share basis, earnings were flat at 22 cents.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $1.71 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter