Symantec reports higher quarterly revenue
July 30 (Reuters) - Symantec Corp, the maker of Norton anti-virus software, reported higher quarterly revenue as more customers used its products for network security and data storage.
Net income fell to $157 million in the first quarter from $160 million a year earlier.
On a per-share basis, earnings were flat at 22 cents.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $1.71 billion.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East