Franklin wins 100 meters backstroke gold
BARCELONA (Reuters) - American Olympic champion Missy Franklin won her second gold of the world swimming championships on Tuesday with victory in the women's 100 meters backstroke.
The 18-year-old powered home in a time of 58.42 seconds at the Palau Sant Jordi following Sunday's 4x100 meters freestyle relay triumph.
Australia's Emily Seebohm, second behind Franklin at the Olympics in London last year, was second in 59.06 seconds and Aya Terakawa of Japan took bronze in 59.23.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |