Agco posts higher profit, raises full-year forecast
July 31 (Reuters) - Agco Corp reported higher quarterly earnings and raised its full-year forecast on Wednesday, citing strong sales of its tractors and harvesters to farmers in North and South America.
The company reported a second-quarter profit of $213.1 million, or $2.15 a share, up from $202.1 million, or $2.08 a share, a year before.
Agco, which makes tractors, combines and other equipment sold under the Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Valtra and Agco brand names, said sales rose 13.3 percent to $3 billion.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea