Agco posts higher profit, raises full-year forecast
July 31 (Reuters) - Agco Corp reported higher quarterly earnings and raised its full-year forecast on Wednesday, citing strong sales of its tractors and harvesters to farmers in North and South America.
The company reported a second-quarter profit of $213.1 million, or $2.15 a share, up from $202.1 million, or $2.08 a share, a year before.
Agco, which makes tractors, combines and other equipment sold under the Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Valtra and Agco brand names, said sales rose 13.3 percent to $3 billion.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles