China Mobile says its chairman met Apple CEO Cook
BEIJING, July 31
BEIJING, July 31 (Reuters) - Apple Inc's CEO Tim Cook met China Mobile Ltd Chairman Xi Guohua in Beijing on Tuesday to discuss cooperation, the Chinese telecoms firm said in an emailed statement, without elaborating.
China Mobile is the only Chinese carrier not to have a distribution deal with Apple to sell its iPhone and iPad products.
Last week Apple said April-June sales in greater China, which includes Taiwan and Hong Kong, slumped 43 percent from the previous quarter.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand