China Mobile says its chairman met Apple CEO Cook
BEIJING, July 31
BEIJING, July 31 (Reuters) - Apple Inc's CEO Tim Cook met China Mobile Ltd Chairman Xi Guohua in Beijing on Tuesday to discuss cooperation, the Chinese telecoms firm said in an emailed statement, without elaborating.
China Mobile is the only Chinese carrier not to have a distribution deal with Apple to sell its iPhone and iPad products.
Last week Apple said April-June sales in greater China, which includes Taiwan and Hong Kong, slumped 43 percent from the previous quarter.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, "rumble on for years" - study
- Louisiana judge rules state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional