China Mobile says its chairman met Apple CEO Cook
BEIJING, July 31
BEIJING, July 31 (Reuters) - Apple Inc's CEO Tim Cook met China Mobile Ltd Chairman Xi Guohua in Beijing on Tuesday to discuss cooperation, the Chinese telecoms firm said in an emailed statement, without elaborating.
China Mobile is the only Chinese carrier not to have a distribution deal with Apple to sell its iPhone and iPad products.
Last week Apple said April-June sales in greater China, which includes Taiwan and Hong Kong, slumped 43 percent from the previous quarter.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades