CORRECTED-Humana second-quarter profit rises on retail, employer divisions
(Corrects revenue figures in 3rd paragraph to $10.3 billion vs $9.7 billion, instead of $9.7 billion vs $9.2 billion;)
July 31 (Reuters) - Health insurer Humana Inc said on Wednesday that its second-quarter profit rose 18 percent, helped by growth in both its direct-to-customer division and the unit that markets plans to employers.
The company, which specializes in private Medicare plans, reported net income of $420 million, or $2.63 per share, up from $356 million, or $2.16 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $10.3 billion from $9.7 billion. (Reporting by Caroline Humer; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official