Invesco profit rises 32 pct on higher investment management fees
July 31 (Reuters) - Asset manager Invesco Ltd reported a 32 percent rise in quarterly profit as it earned more from investment management fees.
The money manager, which oversees the Powershares line of exchange-traded funds, said net profit rose to $202.6 million, or 45 cents per share, for the second quarter from $153.9 million, or 34 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total assets under management fell to $705.6 billion as of June 30 from $707.7 billion at the end of the first quarter.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls