CIT clamps down on credit to small J.C. Penney vendors -NY Post
NEW YORK, July 31
NEW YORK, July 31 (Reuters) - Commercial lender CIT Group Inc has abruptly stopped supporting deliveries from smaller manufacturers to J.C. Penney Co Inc, the New York Post reported on Wednesday, citing a source familiar with the situation.
The news sent shares down 10 percent in late trading.
The Post said insiders speculated that CIT got nervous about Penney's financials after meeting with Penney officials on Tuesday. Penney and CIT representatives were not immediately available for comment.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV