LPL Financial profit rises 14 pct
July 31 (Reuters) - LPL Financial Holdings Inc reported a 14 percent rise in second quarter profit as it earned more revenue from commissions and advisory services.
Net income rose to $45.1 million, or 42 cents per share, from $39.5 million, or 35 cents per share, a year earlier.
The largest U.S. independent brokerage network said net revenue for the quarter was up 12 percent to $1.02 billion.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |