CANADA FX-C$ strengthens to session high after Fed statement
TORONTO, July 31
TORONTO, July 31 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar firmed to a session high against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the U.S. Federal Reserve offered no hint of any near-term stimulus pullback in a statement after its policy meeting.
The Canadian dollar was trading at C$1.0255 versus the U.S. dollar, or 97.51 U.S. cents after the statement, stronger than just before the comments were released and Tuesday's North American session close of C$1.0302, or 97.07 U.S. cents.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image