Marriott profit rises on business travel rebound
July 31 (Reuters) - Marriott International Inc reported a 25 percent jump in quarterly profit as more business travelers checked into its hotels, paying higher room rates.
Net income rose to $179 million, or 57 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $143 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note