Schneider to review Invensys' appliance unit - CFO
PARIS, July 31
PARIS, July 31 (Reuters) - France's Schneider Electric said it planned a strategic review of Invensys' appliance unit after it announced a 3.4 billion pound ($5.2 billion) friendly bid for the British engineer.
Schneider, which is acquiring Invensys to boost its industrial automation business, expects to start an appraisal of the business, a maker of controls for washing machines, Chief Financial Officer Emmanuel Babeau told reporters during a conference call on Wednesday.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |