Schneider to review Invensys' appliance unit - CFO
PARIS, July 31
PARIS, July 31 (Reuters) - France's Schneider Electric said it planned a strategic review of Invensys' appliance unit after it announced a 3.4 billion pound ($5.2 billion) friendly bid for the British engineer.
Schneider, which is acquiring Invensys to boost its industrial automation business, expects to start an appraisal of the business, a maker of controls for washing machines, Chief Financial Officer Emmanuel Babeau told reporters during a conference call on Wednesday.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting |
- Palestinian death toll rises to 74 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Portugal woes sink European stocks