SunPower posts second-quarter profit
LOS ANGELES, July 31
LOS ANGELES, July 31 (Reuters) - SunPower Corp, which makes solar panels and builds power plants with them, on Wednesday reported a quarterly profit, after a year-ago loss, helped by strong demand for its solar panels in utility, commercial and residential projects.
The second-quarter net profit was $19.6 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $84.2 million, or 71 cents per share, a year ago.
SunPower is majority-owned by French energy company Total SA .
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor