SunPower posts second-quarter profit
LOS ANGELES, July 31
LOS ANGELES, July 31 (Reuters) - SunPower Corp, which makes solar panels and builds power plants with them, on Wednesday reported a quarterly profit, after a year-ago loss, helped by strong demand for its solar panels in utility, commercial and residential projects.
The second-quarter net profit was $19.6 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $84.2 million, or 71 cents per share, a year ago.
SunPower is majority-owned by French energy company Total SA .
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'